Queens Wharf main tender set for mid-2018

Construction firms will soon tender for the excavation works at The Star’s Queen’s Wharf project in Brisbane’s riverfront, The Australian reports.

The excavation will include digging six stories for basement works and a 5000-bay carpark, with work conducted to be valued at about A$40 million.

The Star Queensland managing director Geoff Hogg said the excavation contract would be announced before Christmas, to start in February.

As for the main tender for the construction of the integrated resort, Mr. Hogg said it would start in the middle of next year.

Once completed, the project will include a casino, five hotels, shopping centers, 50 restaurants and around 2000 apartments.

More news from this jurisdiction

AustraliaSunday, Feb 25, 2018

Australian betting exchange Betfair warns that “point-of-consumption” taxes could harm the integrity of racing and sports if it pushes punters to offshore illegal Asian websites.

AustraliaSunday, Feb 25, 2018

UK bookmaker William Hill recorded a pre-tax loss in 2017 after slashing the value of its Australian business.

AustraliaWednesday, Feb 21, 2018

Australia’s Gaming Technologies Association called on anti-gambling crusader Nick Xenophon’s SA-Best party to withdraw its gaming policy due to two claims that were recently dismissed by a Federal Court.

AustraliaMonday, Feb 19, 2018

Nick Xenophon, an Australian politician and anti-gambling crusader, has modified his previously hardline approach to the pokies industry, backing away from earlier pledges to push for an all out ban in South Australia.

AustraliaThursday, Feb 08, 2018

Australian gambling operator Tabcorp Holdings on Thursday said its statutory net profit fell more than 50 percent in the first half of the 2018 financial year.

AustraliaTuesday, Feb 06, 2018

The Gaming Technologies Association (GTA) said they “welcomed” the results of the federal court case which accused Aristocrat and Crown of misleading gamblers with deceptive slot machines.

AustraliaMonday, Feb 05, 2018

Accepting and paying out bets in cryptocurrency will soon be banned for operators licensed in the Northern Territory, after the gaming authority released a warning to bookmakers on Friday.