Error message

  • Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in template_preprocess_imageblock_content() (line 349 of /home/agbrief/agb/sites/all/modules/imageblock/imageblock.module).
  • Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in template_preprocess_imageblock_content() (line 349 of /home/agbrief/agb/sites/all/modules/imageblock/imageblock.module).

Lotte Tour raises funds for license, working capital

Lotte Tour Development Co, the company behind the proposed Jeju Dream Tower Integrated Resort is raising funds through the issuance of KRW 40 billion (US$35.3 million) of convertible bonds.

A Lotte Tour Company official said that the money raised will be used to acquire one of existing foreigners-only casino license in Jeju, and for working capital.

This non-guaranteed Convertible Bonds have duration of 3 years with 0 percent coupon rate, 1 percent yield-to-maturity, and conversion price at par, KRW 8,300 without any discount.

“The successful issuance of convertible bonds with an exceptional condition despite the financial market uncertainty due to North Korean’s nuclear crisis is a result of high growth potential of Jeju Dream Tower Integrated Resort, which will become a key tourist attraction in Jeju,” said Lotte Tour in a statement.

Jeju Dream Tower Integrated Resort is a Korea-China co-development project in which Lotte Tour Company and China’s Greenland Group are co-developing the tallest, and the largest landmark building in Jeju.

Lotte Tour Development owns the 750 keys hotel, hotel facilities, foreigners-only casino, observation deck, and shopping mall which occupies 59.02 percent of GFA, and Greenland Group is selling remaining 40.98 percent as 850 keys hotel residence.

Jeju Dream Tower Integrated Resort is the only urban integrated resort in Korea, located 3 km from Jeju International Airport and 7 km from Jeju International Cruise Terminal.

Construction of Jeju Dream Tower Integrated Resort commenced in May, 2016 and will be completed in September, 2019.

More news from this jurisdiction

South KoreaWednesday, Jan 10, 2018

Sales of lottery tickets in South Korea saw a near record high in 2017, according to comments from the country’s lottery operator on Wednesday.

South KoreaThursday, Jan 04, 2018

Landing International has been forced to delay the transfer of its casino on Jeju island to its new IR complex after protests from local residents, the Korea Times reports.

South KoreaWednesday, Dec 13, 2017

The number of Chinese tourists visiting South Korea is expected to fall by 4 million in 2017, compared to over 8 million recorded in 2016.

South KoreaThursday, Dec 07, 2017

South Korea’s Paradise Co. reported a 3.9 percent increase in November sales, through the cumulative figures for the year are still in negative territory, showing a drop of 9.1 percent.

South KoreaFriday, Dec 01, 2017

The former CEO of Kangwon Land has been arrested on charges of unlawfully hiring staff at the request of politicians and local “bigwigs”.

South KoreaTuesday, Nov 14, 2017

Interblock has announced it has signed an agreement with Jeju Sun Hotel & Casino that will bring electronic table games to Jeju-Do Island in South Korea for the first time ever.

South KoreaWednesday, Nov 08, 2017

Kangwon Land saw a 10.2 percent decrease in gross gaming revenue for the three months ended September 30, 2017.