Donaco terminates agreement with Heng Sheng Group, suspends operations

Australian-listed Donaco International Ltd announced its previously agreed exclusive deal with gaming promoter Heng Sheng Group has been terminated, with operations suspended from January 2016, according to an investor presentation of its half year results.

Heng Sheng previously had exclusivity for certain jurisdictions, which prevented Donaco from striking new deals with other junkets. Donaco says they now in advanced negotiations with international and Thai VIP junkets.

More news from this jurisdiction

Australia, CambodiaThursday, Apr 21, 2016

HK-listed Jimei International Entertainment Group said it had entered into junket agreements with Australian and Cambodian casinos last year, according to its 2015 annual report.

Australia, CambodiaTuesday, Mar 15, 2016

A $200,000 (US$150,300) payment, which was allegedly made as part of a previous attempt to secure a lucrative online gaming licence in Cambodia is being examined by Australian and overseas anti-bribery agencies, according to a report from the Sydney Morning Herald.

Australia, CambodiaFriday, Jul 03, 2015

Donaco International Ltd announced that the company’s deputy chief financial officer, Chong Kwong Yang, has been appointed to the senior position of chief financial officer.

AustraliaWednesday, Feb 21, 2018

Australia’s Gaming Technologies Association called on anti-gambling crusader Nick Xenophon’s SA-Best party to withdraw its gaming policy due to two claims that were recently dismissed by a Federal Court.

CambodiaWednesday, Feb 21, 2018

Local Cambodians in Sihanoukville are staging a backlash against the flood of Chinese visitors, who have been drawn to the seaside town by the rising number of casinos, the Financial Times reports.

AustraliaMonday, Feb 19, 2018

Nick Xenophon, an Australian politician and anti-gambling crusader, has modified his previously hardline approach to the pokies industry, backing away from earlier pledges to push for an all out ban in South Australia.

AustraliaThursday, Feb 08, 2018

Australian gambling operator Tabcorp Holdings on Thursday said its statutory net profit fell more than 50 percent in the first half of the 2018 financial year.