AGE 2017 an outstanding success

The Australasian Gaming Expo’s return to where it started 28 years ago at Darling Harbour, has been an outstanding success.

“The return of this event to Darling Harbour and the halls of the new exhibition centre created the most successful event in the history of the AGE” said Ross Ferrar, CEO of the Gaming Technologies Association, which hosted the Expo.

“This year there were 246 exhibitors, with 60 more than what we had last year” and thanks to the generous and well designed loading docks at the new venue, “exhibitors reported that the bump-in for this massive event went smoothly and that the facilities were superior to anything else they’d experienced” Ross continued.

This year saw a massive increase in visitors with the final count of 8,099 representing a 19 percent increase over 2016.

Once they were at the show, visitors were able to optimize their time at the event because for the first time the Expo featured digital showbags, which allowed visitors to transfer information about exhibitors to their mobile device.

“In my view, Digital Show Bags are a great success. There’s been a total of 11,967 badge “taps” at exhibitors’ stands during the first 2 days and 3,956 ‘daily digest’ emails sent to those who tapped,” said Ross Ferrar.

Being a fully self-contained convention centre, the ICC allowed all associated events and functions to be held on-site and one such function was the Industry Leader’s Dinner and for the attendees, “this event was extraordinary – from the dazzling décor, to the impeccable service, to the outstanding food” continued Ross Ferrar.

Visitors were able to broaden their knowledge about hospitality and gaming with 1400 seats available across 7 complimentary seminars covering the latest developments in Venues, Technology, Research and Cash Management. These seminars were held in the new purpose built seminar rooms bristling with technology, with every session being well attended.

Proving itself to be a world class event, the Australasian Gaming Expo attracted visitors from 26 countries with strong showings from the USA, UK, and more than 50 senior executives from Asia. Many overseas visitors were in awe of the standard of the new venue and the high standard of professionalism of the event’s management.

Next year’s expo will be held from the August 14-16, 2018.

More news from this jurisdiction

AustraliaFriday, Nov 17, 2017

The merger of Tabcorp and Tatts Group is back on track after the Australian Competition Tribunal ruled on Friday that the merger is allowed proceed again.

AustraliaWednesday, Nov 15, 2017

Lottoland has been barred from accepting bets on the outcome of Australian lotteries, after a decision was handed down from Northern Territory Attorney-General Natasha Fyles on Tuesday.

AustraliaTuesday, Oct 31, 2017

The Exhibition and Event Association of Australasia (EEAA) yesterday announced the 2017 Australasian Gaming Expo as a finalist in its premier annual awards.

Australia, NepalTuesday, Oct 31, 2017

Australia-listed Silver Heritage Group says it has recorded gross profit if US$5.1 million for the nine months year-to-date, up 20 percent over the same period in FY16.

AustraliaMonday, Oct 30, 2017

ASX-listed Tabcorp Holdings Ltd recorded a statutory loss in the first quarter of FY18, as a result of a number of significant items.

AustraliaThursday, Oct 26, 2017

Australia’s Black Economy Taskforce is warning punters against using illegal bookmakers during the major sporting events in the year ahead.

AustraliaThursday, Oct 26, 2017

Star Entertainment Group chairman John O’Neill says his company is in a state of “eternal vigilance” regarding losing its monopoly in the Sydney casino market.