Philippines

The Philippine National Police (PNP) has found lapses in the security of Resorts World Manila during the casino attack last Friday that led to the death of 38 persons.

The Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) says it will be investigating possible security lapses at Resorts World Manila that may have led to the casino attack that left 37 dead last Friday.

Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. (Pagcor) is looking to limit the number of accredited Philippine Offshore Gaming Operators (POGO) to 50 in order to avoid “oversaturation” in the industry.

The chief operating officer of Resorts World Manila says the company will be giving up to P1 million (US$20,260) to each of the families of those who were killed in Friday’s casino attack.

Philippines lawmaker Sen. Panfilo Lacson is pushing for the privatization of casinos owned by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. (Pagcor) in order for it for focus on its role as a regulatory authority.

Philippine police have named the man behind an attack on Resorts World Manila last week that killed 37 people as Jessie Carlos Javier, a problem gambler with high debts.

Melco Resorts CEO Lawrence Ho said his company will step up security at its City of Dreams Manila complex following an attack on nearby property Resorts World Manila.

At least 34 people are now known to have died in an attack on the Resorts World Manila casino by what is thought to have been a lone gunman.

Delegates from the Thailand Government Lottery Office visited the offices of the the Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) earlier this month to learn about transitioning from physical to online lottery.

The new rules and regulations related to the public smoking ban in the Philippines will be released in July.

Pages