Error message

  • Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in template_preprocess_imageblock_content() (line 349 of /home/agbrief/agb/sites/all/modules/imageblock/imageblock.module).
  • Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in template_preprocess_imageblock_content() (line 349 of /home/agbrief/agb/sites/all/modules/imageblock/imageblock.module).

Macau

 

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau has referred 24 residents to the Social Welfare Bureau’s problem gambling counseling service since the city introduced a self-exclusion system in November. More than 90 gamblers sought help from the center last year, up from 60 in 2011.

 

 

Dore Holdings Ltd. is to buy control of a Chinese pawn loan business for HK$14 million ($1.8 million) to reduce its dependence on Macau junket operations "in view of the intense competition of the gaming sector in Macau."

 

Amax Holdings Ltd. said it expects to report a loss for the year that ended March 31 because it has not been able to obtain complete financial information from an associate company, understood to be Greek Mythology (Macau) Entertainment Group Corp., and so would exclude the associate's performance when it reports its results. Amax said it and its lawyers had sent several demand letters and sought the information from  the associate’s accountant, to no avail.

 

An appealate court ruled that the Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau (DICJ) must make public which casinos each junket operator works with in response to a lawsuit seeking information on two junket operators.

 

Macau Conscience, a civic group, has filed a complaint with the Public Prosecutions Office urging an investigation of former Macau chief executive Edmund Ho's 2002 handling of the award of casino concessions. The complaint follows a second Nevada court verdict in favor of Hong Kong businessman Richard Suen's claims for payment from Las Vegas Sands Corp. for help he says he provided for its winning of a casino concession. Suen claimed to have used his influence in Beijing to help Sands, but Macau Conscience argues it would be improper if Ho allowed Beijing to interfere.

 

Cheong U, secretary for social affairs and culture, said the second round of air quality tests in the city's gaming halls was nearing completion. Twenty-eight of Macau's 46 casinos and slot parlors fell short of the standards in the first round of tests in April and stand to lose some or all of their smoking area if they fail again. New rules this year restrict smoking to no more than half of gaming floor space.

 

The Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau has backed the Sands Macao casino in a dispute with a Hong Kong customer who claimed to have won more than HK$1 million ($123,000) from a slot machine on April 29 after examining the machine. "It is clear that the machine malfunctioned," the casino said, adding that it had "reached an accommodation acceptable to the patron". The bureau’s report found that the woman had bet HK$1,003 at the machine which then rang up 43 consecutive HK$31,000 wins. 

 

 

 

 

Gross casino revenue rose 13.5 percent in May from a year earlier to 29.6 billion patacas ($3.7 billion), the second-highest monthly total ever recorded and in line with analysts' forecasts. The figure marked a rise of 4.5 percent from April, helped by more Chinese public holidays.

Meanwhile, Asia Entertainment & Resources Ltd. said its rolling chip turnover for May rose 6 percent to $1.66 billion from a year earlier. Its win rate for the month was 3.52 percent.

 

Pages